School: Western Oregon University
- The band name, “Radio Macbeth” was completely random. Declan creates a list of potential band names on his phone
- Used to be music snobs in high school, but opened up to pop in college
- Darien wants to talk about personal things without people knowing what he’s talking about. So he uses abstract lyrics and metaphors
- Darien likes writing about things he is scared about
- 20 Scholars is Darien’s thought of the people in charge are as scared as him
- Declan writes about girls, self-loathing, and self-loathing about girls
- Darien and Declan both like listeners to create their own meaning rather than telling people what their songs are about
- If Declan tells Darien, “That sounds so gross,” Darien knows he’s on the right track
- “It’s digital, it’s free” was their unofficial motto for this album
- Zapruder parallels the unbelievable event of JFK’s assassination with the unbelievable feeling of love loss
- Ophelia was influenced by the Shakespeare play, Hamlet
- Cephalaphoria is a made up word for Cephalophore meaning a saint statue who is depicted carrying his or her own head.
- Advice to aspiring musicians: Just do the thing. Just do it.